Friday, July 4, 2014

July 04, 2014 Update: what not to do, and where to go from here

It's a busy week for me in the studio, aka the garage, and I've made some interesting changes to the costume seen in my prier post. A part of me really, realllllllly, wanted to work with acrylic paint; I had this passion for brushing the paint on the costume. As if it was life or death, I needed it. It was destiny. But destiny can you lead down dark paths; a dark, puke-y green, kind of path.

Before, lots of great blues and shading....

....and after. Wow. Just wow.
On a side note I did add a few distant stars to the mix and lovely shade of blue in just the right areas. I will be using it as a nucleus of the constellation in my work, as you could see in the above photos, and clouded through out the costume it self. I am worried about the amount of black in my costume, I absolutely love the...darkness; I just don't want to melt out there in the Alberta heat: 30c or higher.

Starry, starry night.
Paint your palette blue and grey...

No comments:

Post a Comment