Monday, July 7, 2014

July 08, 2014 Update: Wear and Tear

One of my biggest challenges is creating a costume that is both esthetically pleasing but also practical for a Living Statue. You might imagine that I don't move around all that much, and you would be right, but I do from time to time need the flexibility to get out there and walk/interact. What I'm getting at here is that costume still needs to bend, and if it doesn't want to bend from all that paint I laboured over to apply: too bad. I need to bend. All those layers of paint look good but once Im out on the street I'll need those crucial joint areas free.
Ouch
I had my first 'dress rehearsal' with the full costume and black's are definitely high maintenance. First thing it does is show every spot I missed, and every crack that occured from my first wear. This little stretch mark is from right shoulder, probably from me taking on and off the costume. A few other spots though out the costume that will need addressing, such as the knees and elbows. The paint might still be a bit tacky, and it will take time before I can really take hold of other issues I'm not aware of.
So much work, so little time.

No comments:

Post a Comment